Build Angola process goes to civil court

Luanda – The public prosecution filed a civil action in the defense of several Angolans harmed by build Brazil company?s (Build Angola) house sale process, announced on Thursday in Luanda the Attorney General?s Office (PGR).

The process involves several Angolan citizens, who paid the total or partial price asked by the said firm to acquire a house, which somehow some properties were not built, while others made by the company were never legally owned by any client.

The PGR also explains that the decision to file a civil action against the firm is due to the fact that the Brazilian businesspeople involved in this case have been cleared of charges of wrongdoers association, swindle and money laundry.

The Attorney Office adds that in 2012 some people harmed by the firm lodged a complaint, which led the instauration of 29 crime-processes, however the infractions had been amnestied and the Brazilian citizens were acquitted of all charges.

However, clarifies the PGR, following a close analysis of the contracts signed, the prosecution in line with constitution and law, will carry on with the process in defense of the harmed people, since the amnesty does not clear the perpetrators of paying for eventual the damages caused.

In 2008, the Build Angola company kicked off an advertising campaign for the sale of houses (yet built by that time), which involves a total 1,160 families harmed by the Brazilian company.

According to the PGR the process was led by the Brazilians Antonio Paulo de Azevedo Sodre, Paulo Henriques de Freitas Marinho, JoAPound o Gualberto Ribeiro Conrado jA�nior, Ricardo Boer Nemeth, Rodrigo Antoniazi and Manuel Salinas JA�nior.

The marketing for the purchase of the houses was made by the Brazilian football king Edson Arantes do Nascimento “Pele”, the process caused USD 94,6 million of damages.

Source: Angola Press News Agency

Build Angola process goes to civil court

Luanda – The public prosecution filed a civil action in the defense of several Angolans harmed by build Brazil company?s (Build Angola) house sale process, announced on Thursday in Luanda the Attorney General?s Office (PGR).

The process involves several Angolan citizens, who paid the total or partial price asked by the said firm to acquire a house, which somehow some properties were not built, while others made by the company were never legally owned by any client.

The PGR also explains that the decision to file a civil action against the firm is due to the fact that the Brazilian businesspeople involved in this case have been cleared of charges of wrongdoers association, swindle and money laundry.

The Attorney Office adds that in 2012 some people harmed by the firm lodged a complaint, which led the instauration of 29 crime-processes, however the infractions had been amnestied and the Brazilian citizens were acquitted of all charges.

However, clarifies the PGR, following a close analysis of the contracts signed, the prosecution in line with constitution and law, will carry on with the process in defense of the harmed people, since the amnesty does not clear the perpetrators of paying for eventual the damages caused.

In 2008, the Build Angola company kicked off an advertising campaign for the sale of houses (yet built by that time), which involves a total 1,160 families harmed by the Brazilian company.

According to the PGR the process was led by the Brazilians Antonio Paulo de Azevedo Sodre, Paulo Henriques de Freitas Marinho, JoAPound o Gualberto Ribeiro Conrado jA�nior, Ricardo Boer Nemeth, Rodrigo Antoniazi and Manuel Salinas JA�nior.

The marketing for the purchase of the houses was made by the Brazilian football king Edson Arantes do Nascimento “Pele”, the process caused USD 94,6 million of damages.

Source: Angola Press News Agency