COVID-19: ANGOLA REPORTS 79 NEW INFECTIONS, 66 RECOVERIES

Luanda – Angolan health authorities announced Saturday the record of 79 new infections, 66 patients recovered and three deaths in the last 24 hours.

According to the Secretary of State for Public Health, Franco Mufinda, who was speaking at the country’s usual Covid-19 update session, 41 new cases were diagnosed in Luanda, 16 in Cuando Cubango, 13 in Cuanza Norte, six in Huambo and one each in Bengo, Cabinda and Uíge.

The list of new patients, whose ages range from two months to 70 years, is composed of 46 men and 33 women.

He said that 66 patients, 63 from Luanda, two from Benguela and one from Lunda Sul, aged between four and 63 years, had been recovered.

In relation to the deaths, Mr. Mufinda said that these were three Angolan men, two living in Zaire and one in Uige, aged between 63 and 68.

Angola has a record of 15,087 cases, with 345 deaths, 7,763 recovered and 6,979 active people.

Of the active cases, six are in critical condition with invasive mechanical ventilation, 16 severe, 174 moderate, 176 with mild symptoms and 6,607 asymptomatic.

The health authorities have followed up 372 patients admitted to treatment centres in the country.

 

 

 

Source: Angola Press News Agency

Leave a Reply