Cuanza Norte announces policies to support journalistic activity

Ndalatando – The government of the northern Cuanza Norte province has announced measures to boost local initiatives aimed at acknowledging the activity of Media professionals.

The policy measures were announced Thursday by governor of the Cuanza Norte province, Jose Maria Ferraz dos Santos.

The governor was addressing a gala that marked the 2nd Edition of the provincial journalism contest.

He said that the event is part of the local policies aimed at recognising the commitment and dedication of Media professionals aimed at developing and building a more democratic and harmonious society.

Ferraz dos Santos said his government decided to revive the journalism prize that had been at standstill since 2014 in recognition of work performed by professionals.

The governor urged journalists to develop an attitude based on the objective of the facts they report.

The second edition of the provincial journalism prize was awarded to the journalist Manuel Fontoura of the state-run news paper “EdicAes Novembro”.

The journalist of the provincial radio broadcasting of National Radio Station (RNA) Etelvino Domingos comes second, followed by Francisco Paulo of Public Television of Angola (TPA).

Source: Angola Press News Agency